God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bump Update: 23 Weeks

01/01-01/07

How far along? 23 weeks... Happy New Year! 2013 is going to be the best!

Size of baby: My lil man weighs over a pound now and is about a foot 'tall' still. He is like a large mango.

Milestones: His sense of movement can now feel if I'm dancing, etc. His hearing is also becoming more keen, so now he can hear Mommy's terribly lullabies. :) 

Total weight gain: Back up +2lbs. Total weight gain from conception is -13lbs!

Maternity clothes: Exclusively 'maternity' shirts when out in public (or extremely over sized shirts I have been using as maternity), and only because Walter doesn't mind when my bump keeps pulling my pajama t-shirts up! lol Pants are a different story. I still have one pair of maternity jeans I love, and when they are in the wash I'm still wearing my pre-maternity jeans. They're baggier in the thighs, etc now that I've lost a little weight but as long as I let them ride below my bump they work! I just can't really stand the nylon crud over my tummy! :S ew

Unglamorous body changes: A few stretch marks on my tummy are getting darker, but I don't care. I've been getting congested often now, and it's been interesting getting hard work done at times and sleeping. The flea bites are finally starting to subside!

Sleep: Sleep is about 50-50, and never a grey shade in between. Every other night I am out like a light and waking up totally refreshed. The other nights I'm tossing and turning most of the night and fighting hip pain and nightmares!

Best moment this week: Walter and I went out to dinner with my parents for New Year's Eve and I definitely saw quite a few nods in my direction and some sweet faces and 'awe's. I guess I'm really looking pregnant now and I LOVE IT! :) Also at that dinner, I Sully and I ate 10 ounces of beef tenderloin and Walter ate 14 ounces! We kept joking about how we definitely ate our baby's weight in meat! And yes, I'm still 'under weight' from what my doctor is wanting me to gain! lol

Miss anything? I would give up ANYTHING for this baby and not miss it. 

Movement: I started tracking and kick counting and WOW! My little man is amazing! I've done the kick counts for a few days now, and it never takes him more than 15 minutes to get 10 kicks in. I wait until I feel him kick once or twice and then I start the timer and count from there. I figure this will tell me how often he's kicking and will record the times where he is most active!

Food cravings: Baked goods! Cheese danishes, blueberry muffins, cinnamon rolls... MMM

Anything making you queasy/sick? Nope.

Gender: It's a BOY! Sullivan James Wallheimer 

Labor Signs: Still a ways to go! :) 

Symptoms: hip pain, backaches, and intense hunger

Belly button in or out? In 

Wedding rings on or off? Off due to constant hand washing from using the constant bathroom trips! lol

Happy or moody most of the time: Still a worryier, but I feel like I'm keeping it under control the best I can. Still very teary eyed, and so much can set me off! 

Weekly wisdom: Live your life to be an inspiration for others.

What stereotype I embody: From couch napping to cabinet re-organizing in .2 seconds!

What I bought this week: I bought nothing for him this week... 

What I checked off my to-do list: ...but instead organized a lot in his room. :)

Looking forward to: Deep cleaning the house to get it listed FOR SALE soon! (I'm thinking this will definitely help with the beginning nesting crazies I've been kinda feeling lately!) 








No comments:

Post a Comment