God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Monday, January 2, 2012

My Shooting Star

Tonight while Walter and I were on the way to dinner with another couple, we got talking about our lovely daughter Grace, as we commonly do.

However, this time, it was different. I felt like I was literally punched in the stomach, like how I felt the very first moment I knew we were going to lose her. I fought back tears, and looked over to my husband, to see he was doing the same.

Confused by our reactions, I stared out the window. Where has this come from? How is this conversation different from the other 100 we've had lately?

...And then there it was. A big, beautiful shooting star. It was right in front of our car and it was amazing. Neither of us said a word, it took our breath away.

Finally, Walter exclaimed, " Did you see that?!"
Even though I had, I was in shock, and asked "Yeah, what was it?!"

"A gift from our daughter"

No comments:

Post a Comment