God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Sunday, June 20, 2010

"The Fast Track to Disappointment"

... is what I call my mindset on these type of days. Today it all began at the local Walmart in which I am buying Father's Day gifts for my father, father-in-law, and grandma last minute (Yes, on the day OF!). I decide to buy sweet little card I ran across for husbands on Father's Day. I know he isn't as bad off as I am, but I immediately remembered how rough Mother's Day was for me! I decide to write, "hopefully by this time next year you'll have a sweet little one in your arms instead of in your heart" inside the card as I place it into my cart. I smile at the idea, but it quickly turns into a frown. Wouldn't it be so amazing to write, "Happy 1st Father's Day" inside it instead and let him know today, of all days, that I was pregnant?! I start to think of how I would write it, and what his reaction would be, and wait... how many days am I late? Hoping to turn this dream into reality, I quickly finish my shopping and rush home. Tossing the bags on the floor I run to the bathroom (where yes, now I always have at least 2 pregnancy tests in the home...) and begin to pray.


This is what a negative test looks like.

Please keep praying.

1 comment:

  1. This is truly so heartbreaking and accurate. I love my husband so much and am dying for him to be a dad because as much as I hope to be an amazing mom one day, I know he will be an amazing dad.

    ReplyDelete