God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Bump Update: 20 Weeks!

12/11-12/17

How far along? 20 weeks... halfway there! I'm unsure if I want things to slow down so I can enjoy being pregnant or speed up because I can't wait to meet my lil man!!!

Size of baby: Sully weighs about 10.5 ounces and is 6.5 inches from head to bottom... this is the last week he'll be measured from head to bottom instead of head to toe!

Milestones: Walter thinks it's hilarious (okay and so do I, I am growing a son!) that Sully is now 'making poops'. He begins to make meconium this week, lol. He is also swallowing more and his digestive track is developing. 

Total weight gain: Those 2lbs I gained last week? Lost them. LOL. Back at 212, when it's suggested that I'm in the 230-240 range based on my pre-conception weight.

Maternity clothes: Still pretty exclusively maternity clothes, lounging clothes... or my husbands, lol. ;)

Unglamorous body changes: PTL the dry skin is getting better! Still itchy and flaky, but for now it's not keeping me up at night anymore. I'm feeling pretty blessed. Not much pain or uncomfortable feelings at all! *knocks on wood*

Sleep: With my Snoogle on one side and my dear husband on the other... sleep has been really great, respectfully. Still wake up from time to time with hip pain or nightmares, but I fall quickly back to sleep and feel well rested in the morning! 

Best moment this week: The day before my birthday my momma took off work and we went shopping (a tradition started long ago)! I got a lot of Christmas shopping done, and 'Grammy' got a lot of Sully-shopping done! lol At the Disney store she bought him a little Sully and Mike stuffed toy from Monsters Inc. So adorable. Also, registering with Walter. It was a blast. His questions and us goofing around late at night up and down the aisles was exactly what I've dreamed it to be. :)

Miss anything? I would give up ANYTHING for this baby and not miss it... but with all this Mexican food I've been craving, I miss the margaritas! 

Movement: Still not seeing much of a 'pattern'... thinking I may need to start a log and track it a bit? His movements are getting stronger, and I can count on his movements after I eat, drink cold water, or get in the bath! I'm unsure if it's just not waking me up or if he's sleeping with me... but no night movement! Am I crazy to think he may be sleeping when I sleep?! Can I be THAT lucky?!

Food cravings: Mexican food, Skittles, and chocolate milk... NOT together! I'm not that crazy pregnant yet I guess! Haha

Anything making you queasy/sick? Nope. Almost gone completely.

Gender: It's a BOY! Sullivan James Wallheimer 

Labor Signs: Still a ways to go! :) 

Symptoms: slight hip pain and intense hunger :)

Belly button in or out? In 

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time: Okay, okay... I can tell I'm getting a bit moodier. I'm sensing being more emotional and getting cranky quicker... but I still haven't had any big complaints? That makes me think I'm either doing okay, or I'm waaaaaay worse than I think!

Weekly wisdom: Never say never. The things you SWORE you'd never do... you'll do. :)

What stereotype I embody: Walter's runs to get food/snacks are becoming more frequent. I sent him to get Skittles while playing Black Ops with a friend and I sent him to get me southwest rolls from Ruby Tuesday after coming home from a long day at work. I thank the Lord he is a patient and loving man!

What I bought this week: The Lord has blessed and spoiled Sullivan with such a great Grammy! This week he got about 10 new outfits, a crib mattress, crib bedding, two stuffed toys, a knight lamp, a coat of arms for the wall, and knight capes/costumes all from his Grammy! He may be a 'Grammy's boy' instead of a 'Momma's boy'! I am a lucky daughter.

What I checked off my to-do list: The bedding is now on the crib and it's ready to go! Next up is buying new hangers to finish hanging clothing, hanging some artwork, and working on some handmade artwork for my lil man. :)

Looking forward to: Honestly? I'm just excited to be pregnant at Christmastime! This is finally my year! :') ...and I'm looking forward to Sully's anatomy scan on the 13th this week! Daddy gets to go too!

Gifts from Grammy!

19 Week pictures!

19 Week pictures!

crib bedding

crib bedding

Registering at Babies R Us with my wonderful husband!

A Sully and Mike for Sullivan!


No comments:

Post a Comment