God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Just a beginning.

Okay, okay... so lately my blog has been mainly of bump (and now Sully) updates. I'm sorry! I'm obsessed (and while that will never change!) I'm hoping to find more blog time in my day to continue blogging about things like infertility awareness, PCOS lifestyles, and (hopefully soon) our adoption process.

Yep, you read that right. If you're not a long-time reader, or a close friend, or have me on Instagram, or... okay, you probably know we have a heart to adopt.

After my ectopic pregnancy I was devastated. I couldn't believe how much difference a day could make. I didn't want such deep heartbreak to be my only experience with pregnancy. I wanted to experience a life growing in my tummy. I needed to experience labor and so much more. So I fought hard with IVF cycles and other fertility treatments. You know the story.

Then Sullivan grew in my stomach, and I was able to give birth (I could go on and on about giving birth, but that's a different post). So now what?

I want to adopt. I want to become family with a child who has longed for parents that way I long for children. I want to give hope where there might have been none.

My aunt adopted her first child when I was just 12. It is a special moment deep in my heart. I remember the excitement of watching videos of my soon-to-be cousin, and the pure joy waiting at the airport to meet her. This sweet little girl is now 14, and is one of my all-time favorite people. I can't bare to think of what could have been or where she could be.

So many people have such wrong assumptions about adoption. I may even have a few. We are far from even the beginning of our journey, but I know we have the hearts and the calling to do so, and that's a pretty great start for now. I have no idea where we are going to find the money, or where we will adopt from, or the timeline... but I do know it is God who builds my family and He will do it perfectly in His timing.

I promise to try and find more time to blog and to keep blogging about more interesting (to you) topics than just the head circumference of my child ;) but for now I have to put that sweet head to bed.

Soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment