God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bump Update: 24 Weeks


01/08-01/14

How far along? 24 weeks! 61% of my pregnancy has passed, and only 113 days to EDD!

Size of baby: My lil man now weighs just about 1.5 pounds! He is still just under a foot long as well. 

Milestones: His brain is growing quickly (I hope he has Daddy's math skills!) as well as his lungs. His skin is still translucent, but that will soon change.

Total weight gain: I've added yet another 2 lbs! Total weight gain from conception is -11lbs!

Maternity clothes: Maternity clothes are so much more comfy, and I'm really enjoying finding new purposes for my pre-bump clothes! :) I like seeing how they fit differently and love flaunting my bump! 

Unglamorous body changes: Flea bites finally gone, urgh, that was a mess! Really, I can't complain about anything. I've been reading other blogs and talking to other women 24ish weeks along and I am feeling REALLY BLESSED. Pregnancy has been good to me!

Sleep: Sleep is still about 50-50, and I am SO thankful for those nights of deep, uninterrupted sleep! Enjoying them now before the bump gets bigger and before I'll never want to stop staring at my beautiful little boy!

Best moment this week: My best friend Britney and I went out for a girls night and I'm now getting asked more and more often when I'm due and how far along I am, etc. I really do love it. Mommies are coming to me and telling me about their little ones, and I see the pure bliss in their eyes... I can't wait! :')

Miss anything? I would give up ANYTHING for this baby and not miss it. 

Movement: I started tracking and kick counting last week and I have DEFINITELY found a pattern now. I've heard that some babies keep up the same sleep/active pattern after they're born and I am hoping for that! Sully's most active times are late morning (9-10AM), late afternoon (2-3PM), and about the time Daddy comes home (5-6PM). Granted, I could be missing his active times while I'm sleeping... but I figure being able to sleep through them they can't be that bad! :)

Food cravings: breakfast foods, and peanut butter and chocolate!

Anything making you queasy/sick? Nope.

Gender: It's a BOY! Sullivan James Wallheimer 

Labor Signs: Still a ways to go! :) 

Symptoms: hip pain, backaches, and INTENSE hunger

Belly button in or out? In 

Wedding rings on or off? Off

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy, overjoyed, excited!... anxious :)

Weekly wisdom: Give everything you have into your marriage. It makes no sense to badmouth about your spouse, complain, or whine. Healing has to start somewhere, and it will be the most worthwhile thing you've ever done if you just show love.

What stereotype I embody: I'm HUNGRY ALLLLLLLL THE TIME!!! And then the next moment... stuffed.

What I bought this week: I still haven't bought anything new... feeling very proud of myself. :) However, I'm needing more baby hangers from Wal-Mart. Sully was also gifted an awesome CD from his Amazon list (yep, the kid already has an Amazon list!) from Aunt Kay!

What I checked off my to-do list: I gained weight... am I supposed to be doing something more? lol jk I've been getting tired easier lately, and I've read another big growth spurt is about to come. I hung up some items in his room and made a plan for a few other smalls projects soon. Walter and I also kicked some MAJOR butt on a deep clean for the house and we list our home Wednesday!!! :)

Looking forward to: Is it too soon to say moving into our new home? Probably since we have a ways to go (and it's not even built yet! lol) but I'm just so excited! Another milestone accomplished as a couple: listing our first home for sale! I'm also excited to get a new profile picture of his little face now that I've been reading he's gotten a little fat on it! lol

His little room! :)

First home... and second home (kind of lol)!

Sully's first CD!

Dancing to music!

23 weeks at Tony's

Getting R-O-U-N-D

1 comment: