God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Monday, January 7, 2013

Preggo Questionnaire


How did you find out you were pregnant?  I took my first HPT five days after the embryo transfer on Walter's day off. It was negative. I was sad, but not crushed and worked hard to stay calm. The following day I had not planned to take another test, but I just had a feeling... Walter left for work and I took a test. I sat the stick down and cleaned up the bathroom a bit. A quick glance and the test. And then another! It was positive! 
What kind of Pregnancy test did you take? Clearblue digital. I swear by those guys, and after so many negative tests I never want to play the "two line game?" again.
How many?  Just one... on that day. I took another the following day and another two days after that and another two days after that! Then came my blood tests! :)
What were your 1st symptoms?  Sore breasts!
Who did you tell first?  My husband of course!
Who was with you when you found out?  I was alone... but I did IMMEDIATELY call my husband and then my best friend! 
My 1st reaction:  Complete shock and joy! "I'm pregnant!!!"
Was your baby planned?  About 1,000 (and then some) times!
When was the baby conceived?  Oh, the difference having to do IVF makes... my baby was conceived in a PETRI DISH (not a test tube! ;) on the beautiful evening of August 7th, after my egg retrieval surgery.
How far were you when you found out?  Obviously I got to find out the very first day possible. I was 3.5 weeks pregnant.
How did your parents react?  My mom cried, my dad was happy!
My baby
Due Date:  April 30th, 2013
Do you know the sex?  A wonderful little boy
Any names?  Sullivan James Wallheimer
Any Ultrasounds?  Oh goodness yes... Our first at 6 weeks to confirm how many we were pregnant with, and then another at 8 weeks to make sure our little one was growing correctly. We were then released from my RE and I started on the daunting task of finding an OB. At one OB I was sent to get an emergency ultrasound after they couldn't find the heartbeat at 12 weeks. Then we had another ultrasound at 16 weeks because I was impatient and wanted to find out the gender of our little one. Finally, again at 20 weeks we had an ultrasound for our anatomy scan. I'm sure we'll get at least two more, lol.
Have you heard the heart beat? At about every appointment. I think the last time is was around 140?
Who do you think it will look like?  I think he'll be the perfect combo of us both. His lips, nose, and hair? My chin, face shape, and eyes?
Will the baby have siblings?  He will have two beautiful fur sisters, and 13 angel siblings in heaven.
Have you felt the baby move?  I first felt him in the tub at 12 weeks, and now I feel him every day!
Miscellaneous
Did you have morning sickness?  Yes!
Did you have any cravings?  All. the. time. Mostly of mac and cheese and fruit.
Did you have any mood swings?  Walter says I haven't been too crabby, but I definitely jump between joyful and tearful often.
Are you a high risk pregnancy? At first I was because it was an IVF pregnancy. Now I am not :)
Any complications?  Praise the Lord NO!
Formula or Breastfeeding? Hoping to breastfeed
Have you bought anything for the baby yet?  Are you kidding?! An entire room full!
When did you start to show?  I felt like I started around 12 weeks. I think Walter noticed it (and close family did) around 15-16 weeks.
How long could you wear your regular clothes?  I still am wearing some at almost 24 weeks :)
Will you keep the baby’s clothes?  Some of them
Home or Hospital?  Hospital
Natural or Medicated birth?  Natural if possible
Who will be in the delivery room with you?  My wonderful husband 
Do you think you will need a C-section?  It has become a nightly routine to pray for a vaginal delivery. It still weirds Walter out to say 'vaginal' in a prayer! LOL
Will you cry when you hold the baby for the 1st time?  Absolutely. Probably the first 100 times.
What’s the 1st thing you might say to the baby?  Haven't thought about this... maybe "you are my dream"
Will you let anyone video tape the birth?  No thanks
Are you excited?  Oh yes! Excited... anxious... scared...  :)
Who will help you with the baby after the birth?  My husband, my momma, my MIL, my bestie, my sister... I'm sure I'll be in good hands!
What is your favorite thing about being pregnant?  I love every. little. thing
What is the worst thing about being pregnant?  I'm not sure, really
What’s one thing you miss doing since being pregnant?  Having wine  
Any days you wish you were not pregnant?  Never
Are you ready for a baby?  We're getting there!
Do you have insurance? Yes
How many kids do you want?  As many as God allows. Four maybe?
Do you talk to the baby? Often. And sing, though he may want me to stop... lol
Do you still feel attractive?  My husband definitely makes me feel it. He says pregnancy has been good to me and he compliments me often :)
Have you had your baby shower yet?  Not yet! March 16th I think
Do you like kids? Adore them!
How far along are you now?  Almost 24 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment