God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Bump Update: 28 Weeks


02/05-02/11

How far along? 28 weeks

Size of baby: Sully is nearing 15 inches long and 2.25 pounds!

Milestones: Sullivan now has eyelashes (maybe really long and full like... Daddy's!), and he is busy watching the light move outside the womb and getting fat on him (Mommy too! lol).

Total weight gain: Up a few pounds again, growing slowly, and I think that's a good thing... I'm now -8lbs from conception.

Maternity clothes: Started shopping for my bridal shower dress! :D

Unglamorous body changes: Stretch marks and very dry skin will be hanging around to stay. I keep slathering on lotion, but I think it only helps my sanity from constantly scratching. 

Sleep: Leg cramps have come just a few times this week, and I'm hoping they won't get any worse. Am I just ignorant? lol probably

Best moment this week: Threw a shower for a friend this past week, and although I was exhausted I was thrilled it went pretty well! All the moms couldn't help but comment on our tummies, and though I got a few "Wow, you can barely tell a difference between the two of you!" (at 27.5 and 37 weeks LOL) I got quite a few oooohs and awes as well. I'll take it. :)

Miss anything? I would give up ANYTHING for this baby and not miss it. 

Movement: I've promised myself to get back into kick counting this week, though it seems so useless for us. I KNOW he's good to go!

Food cravings: mac n cheese (our favorite)!

Anything making you queasy/sick? The iron supplements. I've not done the best at keeping up with them EVERY day, but promise to keep trying to make them work for baby.

Gender: It's a BOY! Sullivan James Wallheimer 

Labor Signs: Nothing yet!

Symptoms: hip pain, backaches, slight swelling, and cramping/nausea from movement

Belly button in or out? It's still an innie! :)

Wedding rings on or off? Off... haven't tried to put them on in awhile... and I'm thinking I may not get a chance to wear them again for a little bit :(

Happy or moody most of the time: Momma is on.the.edge.

Weekly wisdom: Seriously no one wants to hear your grumbles. While sometimes you need to vent, grab a close friend or your spouse for support. To constantly whine and grumble on social media is such a pet peeve of mine... and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

What stereotype I embody: The list-making obsession I already have is going into overdrive! (Connie I'm always thinking of you!) "Must-haves before Baby Arrives", "Maternity Wants & Expenses Remaining", "Books to Read/Classes to Take", "Nesting around the Home"... just to name a few.

What I bought this week: I bought nothing for Sully this week, though he did recieve an awesome Pixar book from the momma I hosted the baby shower for. Best thing about it? Sully is on the cover and is the first story of the book! 

What I checked off my to-do list: We've been really working with our beautiful pups Belle and Lucy to prepare them for a baby brother in the house. It's sometimes draining, but now that we're starting to see progress we've really been pushing ourselves to see it through! They are such good girls.

Looking forward to: So much going on this week! Walter and I will be touring the maternity ward for the first time at our hospital! That makes it seems really close! We are also getting ready for the Metro Marriage retreat this weekend, and are thrilled about that as well. I also have another OB appointment this week! I won't get to see him on ultrasound, and I probably won't really hear that much, but oh well! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment