God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bump Update: 30 Weeks!

02/19-02/25

How far along? 30 weeks!!!

Size of baby: Babycenter.com says that baby should be about 16 inches long and almost 3 pounds... but we know from his ultrasound at 29w2d he was already 3.7 pounds!

Milestones: Amniotic fluid is growing, and eyesight is getting more keen!

Total weight gain: Right now I'm still holding strong at -4lbs from my conception weight! I can't believe it!

Maternity clothes: Shower dress came in and it's pretty perfect I think. :) I love how maternity clothes look on my bump! Is that vein? 

Unglamorous body changes: Dry skin, slight cramping, round ligament pain, and more stretch marks this week.

Sleep: Pretty much one extreme or the other. A full, restful night or a night tossing and turning trying to get my mind to SHUT UP!

Best moment this week: Of course seeing Sully's little face at our ultrasound appointment! But also this week as Walter and I were in bed to fall asleep I told him Sully had the hiccups and that I felt bad I couldn't do anything for him. He apologized. A minute late he placed his hand on my tummy and went "RAWWWR!". Yes, he definitely tried to scare the hiccups out of our unborn child, lol. 

Miss anything? I would give up ANYTHING for this baby and not miss it. 

Movement: Started kick counts again, though I'm not consistent every day. Every time I track though he EASILY gets it in under 10 minutes. His active times are changing a bit, but are still nice.

Food cravings: Dairy. Cheese, pudding, chocolate milk, ice cream...

Anything making you queasy/sick? nope

Gender: It's a BOY! Sullivan James Wallheimer 

Labor Signs: Nothing yet!

Symptoms: hip pain

Belly button in or out? IN

Wedding rings on or off? Off

Happy or moody most of the time: Anxious. My mind won't stop racing/worrying/planning...

Weekly wisdom: God wants us to be the mothers we are to our children. Not THE perfect idea of a 'mother' we have in our minds.

What stereotype I embody: I'll admit it. I used my tummy as a table twice this week. To eat a big bowl of ice cream and to sign a receipt, LOL.

What I bought this week:  I bought Sully's first cloth diapers (!), a planner that was on clearance for $1 to keep track of his eating/sleeping/etc, and a prenatal exercise DVD (that also included a postnatal bootcamp!). 

What I checked off my to-do list: I, embarrassingly, re-organized his room again.

Looking forward to: Napping. As much as possible.

My little man

Looking like Daddy or Mommy?



No comments:

Post a Comment