God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bump Update: 29 Weeks

02/12-02/18

How far along? 29 weeks, 72.5% of my pregnancy has passed and 77 days left to our EDD!

Size of baby: Sully is over 16 inches long and 2.5 pounds!

Milestones: Sullivan's head is growing bigger and making room for his big ol' baby brain! :) He's still working on getting fatter too!

Total weight gain: Holding strong from last weigh-in. I lost one pound and am now -9lbs from my conception weight!

Maternity clothes: Bought my baby shower dress today! I am so very excited! It is everything I wanted. Blue for 'Team Blue', light and comfy, and has a look of 'spring'!

Unglamorous body changes: Stretch marks, dry skin, and yep... I've sprung a leak. lol

Sleep: Lots of tossing and turning throughout the night due to hip pain, uncomfortable position... but from what I've heard from other mommas I don't dare complain! :)

Best moment this week: Went to the marriage retreat over the weekend and got to spend a lot of wonderful time with my husband (our last retreat 'baby-free'!) and got so many compliments about 'glowing' and 'making pregnancy look HOT'! LOL You know who you are, and it makes this momma feel really, really good ;) We also got to tour the maternity ward of the hospital and let me just say, LOVING it!

Miss anything? I would give up ANYTHING for this baby and not miss it. 

Movement: Okay, so I still haven't pulled out the kick counting app... I'm a slacker. I guess I should start sparing the twenty seconds it'll take to feel ten movements! Heck, he's kicked three times on JUST THIS QUESTION!

Food cravings: cheeeeeeese! My best friend took me to the Melting Pot (because she's super sweet) and instead of the traditional four courses we got cheese, salads, our entree, and... another pot of cheese! YUM! Also: pineapple and strawberries

Anything making you queasy/sick? I've slacked on taking the iron supplements as well. Doctor says just to get them in me when I can. 

Gender: It's a BOY! Sullivan James Wallheimer 

Labor Signs: Nothing yet!

Symptoms: hip pain

Belly button in or out? It's still an innie! ...but it's getting flatter every day! Who wants to place bets? lol

Wedding rings on or off? Off

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy and anxious. Loving this "fun/busy" time!

Weekly wisdom: Our stories might not go the way we thought, and may throw us on a surprising twist and turn, but if the ending is 'right' nothing along the way matters.

What stereotype I embody: EVERYTHING is a celebration! "Bought my first nursing bra! YAY!", "Made a list of what to take to the hospital! HIGH FIVE!", "Just dominated FOUR brownies! Who's your momma?!"

What I bought this week: Sully is (already) one seriously spoiled baby. A friend I met on IG sent me THE most BEAUTIFUL handmade quilt with Sullivan's name on it (I seriously can't tell you how much I LOVE it!), and another friend sent me home with a piece of artwork for his room and a book after meeting for coffee. I bought him another outfit over the weekend while meeting friends at Cracker Barrel (yep, Walter's money isn't even safe THERE!) and it is an adorable sock monkey outfit. 

What I checked off my to-do list: Walter and I really worked hard this week. We got our tax refund in and paid off ALL of our debt (a small credit card and the REST of our medical!!!) with it, as well as set aside over $1,000 in an account for Sullivan (for emergencies, for fun, etc). Toured the maternity ward, bought my baby shower dress. I made an appointment with a pediatrician I think I'm going to like as well as a hair/eyebrow appointment and a pedicure appointment with friends for our maternity photos... like I said, TAX REFUND! ;)

Looking forward to: My Valentine's Day gift :) When Walter asked, I immediately knew what I wanted. "Flowers?" he asked. Nope, they die. "Chocolate?" Nope. If I want it I'll go grab that for myself right now, lol ;) "Than what?!"
...Walter is treating me to an ultrasound at The Ultrasound Zone again! I can't wait to see his little face!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment