God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bump Update: 31 Weeks

02/26-03/04

How far along? 31 weeks! Time is really flying by! 78% of my pregnancy has passed, having 62 days left until his EDD.

Size of baby: everydayfamily.com says he should be about 16 inches long and about 4 pounds. I'm thinking Sully would love to prove them wrong right now! lol

Milestones: Sullivan will now be gaining about a 1/2lb every week until birth!

Total weight gain: I have lost a little more, and I'm still under my 'conception weight' by 6pounds! Every week I think I'm going to cross over to be on the positive side, but I guess not just yet!

Maternity clothes: My husband's T-shirts that I wear to bed are now very snug around my belly and Walter says I have "pregnant plumber's crack" because my belly hangs out of them a bit, lol.

Unglamorous body changes: Dry skin, slight cramping, and round ligament pain

Sleep: The last couple of nights have been really great. I've woken up pretty shocked at how restful my sleep has been. I'm trying to take advantage of it now... but I still can't get to the point where I don't feel bad going back to bed after Walter leaves for work. Haha.

Best moment this week: Walter was off this past Sunday and we were about to go out and run some past-due errands. Things like oil changes, etc got done but we also got to go buy him a new shirt for maternity photos and pick up a few 'props'. In the midst of our errands we went to Coldstone to split a BIG bowl of ice cream and a candy apple. As soon as I walked in about everyone in the room stared and chuckled. I guess I'm 'that' pregnant girl now that I so hated just a year ago... but a woman's gotta fulfill her cravings! Walter and I also went to the Melting Pot and have been enjoying a lot of time with just the two of us. :)

Miss anything? I would give up ANYTHING for this baby and not miss it. 

Movement: I set a goal to do kick counts twice a day, and that was a little overboard. I still don't do them every day! :S

Food cravings: Cheese, peanut butter, fruit, chocolate... annnnd repeat. 

Anything making you queasy/sick? My prenatals! I've gotten really bad and have started to skip a few days. Feeling pretty bad about it, but if I throw them up there is no use in taking them right?

Gender: It's a BOY! Sullivan James Wallheimer 

Labor Signs: Random contractions have started! Eeeek!

Symptoms: intense hunger, lactation, and I am starting to swell just a bit

Belly button in or out? IN!

Wedding rings on or off? Off

Happy or moody most of the time: I'm very happy. I love the busyness the end of pregnancy brings, but I'm so sad to see it go! :( Thank goodness I'll have a cutie in my arms to make up for it!

Weekly wisdom: Just because another mom struggles with it, and PROMISES you will too, doesn't mean you can't fight to change the 'norm'. I promise to make our own 'normal' as mommy and baby. :)

What stereotype I embody: I don't deny myself any cravings. ;)

What I bought this week:  Walter and I are looking at puppy training!

What I checked off my to-do list: Walter and I have been enjoying our time as 2 right now. We try not to feel guilty about taking later afternoon naps, or spending the whole day playing video games... unfortunately that means housecleaning is waaaay behind! :/ Better catch up this week!

Looking forward to: I'm looking forward to maternity photos this weekend! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment