God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bump Update: 32 Weeks

03/05-03/11

How far along? 32 weeks

Size of baby: 17+ inches, 4+ pounds. (Think of a laptop screen or a large pineapple!)

Milestones: Sullivan will now be gaining about a 1/2lb every week until birth! (Meaning Mommy will be gaining at least one pound a week until labor!)

Total weight gain: I keep inching closer to my pre-pregnancy weight of 230, but I'm still not there! At 32 weeks pregnant I'm still 4lbs under! I've felt really good losing the 'fat' even though it's been replaced by baby weight and I think it's going to be an awesome inspiration to lose the weight after baby! My goal is to be under 200 by the end of the year! That's something I haven't even dreamed possible since 2008!

Maternity clothes: I'm starting to feel sad that I'll soon no longer get to wear my maternity clothes! It's funny how just maternity clothes have changed the way I think about getting ready! Having 5-10 outfits I adore and feel good in have made getting ready easier, and has been awesome. I plan to clear out my closet soon and get rid of a lot of clothes I've been hanging on to.

Unglamorous body changes: Getting a few more stretch marks and my skin is still very dry on my tummy. Trying to moisturize often.

Sleep: I really can't complain :) It's not always a restful 8 hours, but I feel wrong for asking for that right now. :) I sleep when I can and Walter has been really supportive in that (and because he uses that time to game while he still can!).

Best moment this week: Taking maternity photos with my sister was a blast. It went more smoothly than I thought it would. The weather wasn't what we had planned on, so we made some last minute changes and hope to take some more later. Getting pedicures rocked too! I had no idea they could get even better pregnant! ;)

Miss anything? I would give up ANYTHING for this baby and not miss it. 

Movement: Alright, so I've given up on consistent kick counts. I know he's an active lil guy and I think I'll be able to rely on my momma's intuition on if something feels wrong. Walter and I have been really enjoying watching our lil guy squirm inside my tummy and watching my tummy wave like the ocean. :)

Food cravings: Cheese, bread, and pasta

Anything making you queasy/sick? My prenatals are still rough on me, but my OB said it was okay to only take them every other day or so until birth so I'm a little more relaxed about it.

Gender: It's a BOY! Sullivan James Wallheimer 

Labor Signs: A few random contractions I think, but nothing serious.

Symptoms: slight cramping, round ligament pain, intense hunger, lactation 

Belly button in or out? For those of you betting... it's still IN!

Wedding rings on or off? On for maternity photos!

Happy or moody most of the time: Walter told me this week I've been a little more 'on edge' and I've realized he's right... but luckily he's a great guy dealing with me 

Weekly wisdom: Time is fleeting. 

What stereotype I embody: I'm the obnoxious pregnant momma I always hated when TTC and I can't help it. I'm so happy! I want to take bump photos everywhere, I'm constantly allowing others to touch my tummy, and talking about my baby that is soon on his way! Sorry friends! :/

What I bought this week: Walter and I did hire a dog trainer for obedience training for the pups to work with them and get them ready for baby. It was a painful bill to pay, but I have a feeling we won't regret it! I'm trying to buy nothing else until after the shower (except the POUNDS and POUNDS of candy for the shower favors!).

What I checked off my to-do list: Started working on the favor bags for the baby shower (favors are my only job for the shower because I wanted to say thank you!), maternity photos were taken, started thinking about what to get together for a hospital bag, and am trying to get the 'nesting bug'... but it's just not here yet. lol

Looking forward to: Meeting Sullivan's pediatrician tomorrow, and getting to have another fun ultrasound next week (Thanks to my Daddy)!







1 comment: