God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bump Update: 35 Weeks


03/26-04/01

How far along? 35 weeks

Size of baby: 17+ inches, 5+lbs

Milestones: Sullivan will now be gaining about 1/2lb every week until birth! 

Total weight gain: Well... now that's a funny story... LOL. I weighed myself yesterday morning to be able to update this blog and I was SHOCKED to see I was 234!!! I simply couldn't believe I had GAINED FOUR POUNDS IN A WEEK! I chalked it up to my growing tummy, a busy weekend, and spending a lot of time on the couch because I had felt pretty sick. Soon after weighing, I got sick... I mean, feeling REALLY sick. Walter had me call the doctor, and she told me to come in. Long story short, I was very low on fluids and potassium. We spent almost 7 hours in the hospital while I was attached to an IV to have two huge bags pumped into me. That night, after using the restroom for the 100th time I decided to weigh myself again after joking about how bloated I felt! After hopping off the scale the weight that had appeared registered in my mind and it stopped me in my tracks. Not only had I gained four pounds in one week, I had gained ANOTHER FIVE POUNDS THAT DAY! :O I'm sure most of it is fluid weight that won't be staying, but I think it's hilarious that on this blog I get to 'clock in' at NINE POUNDS heavier than last week (+9 conception weight)!

Maternity clothes: This week I spent 99.9% of it in yoga pants, a T-shirt, and a sloppy bun. Like I said, just feeling drained and sick.

Unglamorous body changes: Nothing new

Sleep: I'm getting less and less... God is preparing me for little man's arrival!

Best moment this week: Honestly? Leaving the hospital. It was the best I had felt in DAYS, and I was just so thrilled to be out of there! I know a few mommas on bed rest at the hospital, and they were on my mind most of that day. I am so lucky to have a healthy baby and to be able to go home and rest on my own couch.

Miss anything? I would give up ANYTHING for this baby and not miss it. 

Movement: Sometimes he moves so much, I feel almost seasick... like I can't get my balance!

Food cravings: yeah... still crab rangoon :)

Anything making you queasy/sick? His crazy movements!

Gender: It's a BOY! Sullivan James Wallheimer 

Labor Signs: BH

Symptoms: achy body, fatigue, and a few headaches

Belly button in or out? Still in... but it's looking pretty crazy!

Wedding rings on or off? Off

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy... and anxious... and anxious-er!

Weekly wisdom: So often we say things without thinking and it's hurtful to others. I hope/pray/plan to think a little harder before I say something or post a facebook status update. Sometimes what we're thinking is meant to be heard by an understanding spouse/friend and not read by 500 friends on Facebook. Yeah, I'm speaking from experience that sometimes those facebook statuses hurt to read. You've been 'unfriended' 'friend'! :/

What stereotype I embody: I embrace the waddle. It's really the only way to get around. 

What I bought this week: My MIL bought and sent us our new travel system, and my mom sent us our monitor! It's been such a great week being busy putting these things together, setting them up, and pretending Sullivan is here!

What I checked off my to-do list: I've done some research on the remaining items we need and I'll soon have everything we need (or at least all I can think of for now)! lol

Looking forward to: Our final ultrasound Thursday! Praying for a healthy baby!





No comments:

Post a Comment