God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Bump Update: 37 Weeks (Full-term Baby!!!)

04/09-04/15

How far along? 37 weeks... my little mister is now full-term! (annnd has been given the great light by mommy -and doctor!- to come at any time!) 
Update on labor: I am 1 cm dilated, and almost fully effaced as of 37w1d :)

Size of baby: 19+ inches, 6+lbs... but Walter and I read that and laughed. We already know he's way over 6lbs! lol Our lil chunker :)

Milestones: Sullivan will now be gaining about 1/2lb every week until birth! 

Total weight gain: At my appointment we learned that I had gained just one more pound! This put me at 237, just +7lbs from conception! Which, let's be honest, is probably what Sully weighs now! LOL

Maternity clothes: I have two pairs of pants that fit. It's helping me keep up on laundry I guess, lol. Even a lot of my maternity shirts are getting really tight, and I'm not comfortable in them. T-shirts don't cover my belly at all anymore now that I'm measuring 41 WEEKS as well! Wow! I can't even begin to tell you how fast this has all flown and how typing all that is hitting me! :'( I'm so excited to meet him, but I cannot believe I'm already full-term and just weeks (or days!) from meeting my miracle.

Unglamorous body changes: My stripes are coming along nicely :) LOL

Sleep: Insomnia, nonstop bathroom breaks, hip pain, and more abound. I'm getting about 4 hrs a night, but luckily it's usually in a pretty good chunk of time. I've been falling asleep around 2:30-3:30AM and waking up when Walter leaves for work at 7:30AM. I don't know if it's because I'm so anxious, or if it's because it's new... but I'm not handling it as bad as I would have thought!

Best moment this week: Starting a birth pool with family and with Instagram friends. It's given me something to look forward to almost every day! :)

Miss anything? I would give up ANYTHING for this baby and not miss it. 

Movement: Walter still teases me about how EXCITED I get EVERY time I see my belly rolling like the ocean. He swears I should be used to it by now, but I'm not. :) It's a treat every day!

Food cravings: Baked goods! Cheese danishes, gooey butter, coffee cake, etc! Mmmmm And popsicles!!!

Anything making you queasy/sick? Just the cruddy indigestion that sticks around... at least it's not heartburn!

Gender: It's a BOY! Sullivan James Wallheimer 

Labor Signs: BH, and a couple REAL CONTRACTIONS I think!!! 

Symptoms: achy body, indigestion, cramping

Belly button in or out? Walter tells me it's starting to be VERY flat and almost beginning to poke out... but it hasn't yet. Yes, "Walter tells me" because it's hard to see it! He has dropped BIG TIME!

Wedding rings on or off? Off

Happy or moody most of the time: I'm moody. I want pregnancy to end. I don't want pregnancy to end. How will it end? WHEN will it end? Should I enjoy this moment? Will it be our last dinner out as two? Will this be our last night? I'm such a planner... this "at any time" thing is KILLING ME ALREADY!!! :) lol

Weekly wisdom: I feel in NO way, shape, or form ready for a baby!!! ...thus, I've realized by acknowledging that I'm as close as I'm going to get. As the crazy obsessed planner previously mentioned, I'm impressed with myself knowing that I can give the "stuff to do" to God and just know it will get done 'in time', or it won't... Either way, we'll be okay!

What stereotype I embody: Just call me momma list-maker! :)

What I bought this week: I think nothing. I've spent a lot of time on the couch this week. 

What I checked off my to-do list: I've tried to catch the nesting bug, but right now all I've got is the "I should be doing [this]... but whatever" bug :( We did have another training day with the dogs and trainer, which is good! We also did a last minute maternity shoot with my sister at Forest Park! Yep, I walked the park (in flip flops) and then climbed around on rocks (in heels!) 9 months pregnant! ;)

Looking forward to: The last few moments/days/weeks of pregnancy and meeting my little man!!! Could I really say anything else? :)


I love these girls. Have to admit, I'm worried about giving them enough time when Sully comes! :(

Maternity shoot!

Took my cousin to go see a movie for her birthday :)

DROPPED even more (only a 5 day difference!)

No comments:

Post a Comment