God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bump Update: 38 Weeks

04/16-04/22

How far along? 38 weeks! (and he's still baking!)

Size of baby: Let's just leave it as BIG from this point out, LOL. He's definitely over 20 inches and 7lbs now... and we've been told if I go the full 40 weeks he'll be close to 10lbs!

Milestones: Sullivan will now be gaining about 1/2lb every week until birth! 

Total weight gain: Just up another pound! :) +8 total from conception!

Maternity clothes: Wearing 'real' clothes (anything but yoga pants and a way too small T-shirt/tank top) is hard. Leaving the house has been a new kind of interesting just trying to COVER everything!

Unglamorous body changes: Nothing new

Sleep: Still about 4hrs a night, and I'm still handling it (shockingly) well! Trying to get sleep when I can, and when I can't it's just time to go on with the day anyway! ;)

Best moment this week: Walter asking every morning, "Is TODAY the day Momma?" :) It makes me such a happy woman to see my husband so excited!

Miss anything? I would give up ANYTHING for this baby and not miss it. 

Movement: He's dropped so low, I swear I can feel him (still) inching his way down! (OUCH)

Food cravings: Fresh fruit. Deviled Eggs. I even ate a BBQ sandwich and thought it was delicious (and I seriously am disgusted by BBQ usually!)

Anything making you queasy/sick? indigestion is a little better this week, but I'm beginning to run low on Tums nonetheless... lol

Gender: It's a BOY! Sullivan James Wallheimer 

Labor Signs: Everything I read says I'm in "pre-labor" or "labor warm-up"! Cramps, baby dropping, BURSTS of energy to nest (finally!), etc

Symptoms: achy body, indigestion, cramping

Belly button in or out? Not 'in'. Not 'out. Flat.

Wedding rings on or off? Off

Happy or moody most of the time: Moody. Simple enough. 0 to 60 in one second. Sorry! :)

Weekly wisdom: God's timing was good enough to make Sullivan, it's good enough to bring him to my arms. :) Lord, I'm doing my best not to be anxious!

What stereotype I embody: "Can you believe we are going to have a baby?! Like, SOON. Like, SOON SOON!!!" to just about everyone I know. I know you've all seen my tummy grow for 9 months, but I guess I've missed it and am just realizing it LOL

What I bought this week: In a burst of energy-nesting I cleaned up the house and realized our re-purposed nightstand/storage shelf in Sullivan's room wasn't doing the trick, so I got a new one from Target using the last of our baby shower gifts cards! It's going to work much better. I also got my breast pump ordered and on the way! (Thank you to my MIL and insurance!)

What I checked off my to-do list: I thought the nesting bug was nonstop, but I've been lucky with it. I've FINALLY caught it and it definitely comes in bursts. I've done a couple of projects, but only with an hour or two at a time, which Walter and I think is best anyway :)

Looking forward to: The last few moments/days/weeks of pregnancy and meeting my little man!!! Could I really say anything else? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment