God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Bump Update: 39 Weeks (and he's HERE!!!)


04/23-04/29

How far along? 39 weeks! (and he's HERE!!!) Sullivan was born Tuesday, April 23rd at 39 weeks exactly!

Size of baby: 8lbs 2oz, 22in

Milestones: Sullivan was born on 04/23/13 at 3:08pm

Total weight gain: I checked into the hospital at 10:30PM on 04/22 and weighed 238! I gained +8lbs from conception to delivery!

Maternity clothes: I wore them to the hospital, and I'm still wearing them! :/ They're just so comfy, and they're great for my still-healing body.

Unglamorous body changes: Well, no new stretch marks... but now we've got the postpartum flab! ;) Ow ow!

Sleep: Honestly?! More than last week! I'm sleeping about 6+hrs a night, but mostly because Walter has been AMAZING at the night shift! He's off work and has no problem getting up with lil man half of the time.

Best moment this week: Seeing my son for the first time!

Miss anything? I would give up ANYTHING for this baby and not miss it. (Still)

Movement: He's my wiggle worm! Super strong, and I'm already fighting with him because he's constantly pulling his head up! You've gotta watch this one! ;)

Food cravings: I cannot wait to have a margarita!

Anything making you queasy/sick? Nope 

Gender: It's a BOY! Sullivan James Wallheimer 

Labor Signs: It's so nice to not have to watch for these anymore! He's here!

Symptoms: healing from the episiotomy and getting used to leaking everywhere lol

Belly button in or out? It's definitely no longer flat! :)

Wedding rings on or off? Off... but now that I think of it I can't wait to get those suckers back on!

Happy or moody most of the time: Elated. Giddy. Blessed.

Weekly wisdom: All this time, I've been waiting to be Sullivan's mom. God knew exactly who Sully would be and was preparing me for him and preparing him for me. From the moment I first saw him, I knew he was the one I was waiting for.

What stereotype I embody: I'm tearful. I cried when we got to bring him home. I cried when he was a week old. I cried when he lost his circumcision ring. I cried when he lost his umbilical cord. I cried when I looked at him and he was especially adorable... lol

What I bought this week: Grammy and Nana have saved the day by dropping off newborn outfits a little at a time! Mommy didn't buy many because she thought he wouldn't be fitting into them. :/ Whoops! lol

What I checked off my to-do list: Sullivan's home and we're still living life like normal for the most part. I've cleaned up the house a bit. We've went to dinner a few times. We've visited family, and we've had family visit. We've done his newborn photos. I'm still blogging and Walter is still playing PS3! :)

Looking forward to: The last few moments/days/weeks of pregnancy and meeting my little man!!! Could I really say anything else? :)








1 comment: