God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Bump Update: 15 Weeks

11/06-11/12

How far along? 15 weeks

Size of baby: We have a growing navel orange... OR a baseball!

Milestones: Air sacs in the lungs begin to develop. Legs are longer than arms. Although eyelids are still fused shut, baby can sense light!

Total weight gain/measurements: babycenter.com says I should be around +5lbs right now. Luckily, I'm still down 15 pounds! 

Maternity clothes: I still have my favorite pair of maternity jeans! I'm thrilled though, because my first maternity shipment came in! I bought 2 dresses, 2 tank tops, 3 shirts, a tunic, and a cardigan! This will be added to my existing 2 T-shirts, 2 sweaters, bella bands, and pants.

Unglamorous Body Changes: Seriously, what do I do for this super dry and itchy skin?! lol I've tried cocoa butter and BioOil. The BioOil has helped a bit... I guess it's time to start putting it on 2-3 times a day!

Sleep: This week I woke up in the middle of the night a few times to pee AND because my hips were beginning to hurt from laying on my sides... uh-oh.

Best moment this week: Seeing my MIL after a couple of weeks and catching her checking out my tummy was really great. However, in just ONE WEEK we find out if our baby is a boy or a girl!

Miss anything? I would give up ANYthing for this baby and not miss it.

Movement: I still feel the baby move here and there, and I know I'll kick myself for saying this later (LOL), but I can't wait until it's a good kick! 

Food cravings: Cheese, fresh fruit (strawberries, pineapple, bananas), toasted ravioli

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nothing specific anymore.

Gender: Unknown... but we're finding out next week! The gender reveal with our families is next Monday, and we'll announce it on Facebook at 16 weeks! SO exciting!

Labor signs: I've got a long way to go! :)

Symptoms: fatigue, dry/itchy skin, dizziness, headaches

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time: I'm running out of ways to say, "Happy", but I really am happy and in a good mood most of the time! However, I've had a good husband to take care of me who tries to not push my buttons right now. :)

Weekly Wisdom: I already feel like pregnancy just goes by way too fast. I don't want to wish a moment away.

What stereotype I Embody: I watch a couple of episodes of 'A Baby Story' daily.

What I bought this week: Maternity clothes, matching bedding for the twin bed in baby's room (will soon buy baby's crib bedding!), and my momma gave me a Halloween grab bag filled with gift cards for the movies and wipes! :)

What I checked off my to-do list: The crib is now put together! Next step: mattress and bedding!

Looking forward to: Finding out baby's gender, and announcing his/her name!





No comments:

Post a Comment