God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bump Update: 18 Weeks

11/27-12/03 

How far along? 18 weeks 

Size of baby: My little sweet potato or a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream! YUM 

Milestones: Sully is 5.5 inches long and weighs 5 ounces. He is twisting, and rolling, and punching, and kicking me... and I can feel it! He's yawning and hiccuping as well. His ears are in the correct placement now, and he's listening to us (well, he hears us...lol). 

Total weight gain: I'm still 'under'. thebabycorner.com says I should be about 230, and I'm about 212 right now. My new doctor encouraged me to return with a little more weight, and I've lost more instead. But really, I'm not concerned yet. Hopefully when our anatomy scan appointment comes up I still won't have anything to worry about. :S 

Maternity clothes: Exclusively in maternity clothes (not counting the T-shirts and sweat pants I lounge in often).  

Unglamorous body changes: There are times I can literally feel my hips shifting out. Yowza! OUCH. Other than that just the ridiculously dry skin. Blah. 

Sleep: Sleep is still pretty hit-and-miss, but nothing too terrible to complain about. I wake up to toss and turn from hip pain and nightmares but I've been able to go back to sleep pretty well. 

Best moment this week: Walter felt our little man kick! Everytime I feel him wiggle and move I have Walter place his hand on my tummy... and get the sad headshake of 'no'. Just when that has come routine, while we were resting on the couch and watching TV after Thanksgiving, I felt a HUGE kick and saw Walter's face of shock and joy out of the corner of my eye! He had felt it too! We both about cried I think. :) ...and of course finally being pregnant at Thanksgiving was pretty cool! :)

Miss anything? I would give up ANYTHING for this baby and not miss it... but maybe walking without a hobble from hip pain? lol 

Movement: We definitely have a MOVER in there. We make jokes about him dancing, playing soccer, or giving money 'love taps' often. 

Food cravings: Blueberry muffins! I kept looking at them at the store and every time they just weren't 'right. So finally I bought a mix, made them at home, and ate them fresh out of the oven. Wow. I went back to buy three more mixes! 

Anything making you queasy/sick? Nothing specific anymore, but it definitely comes and goes before bedtime a lot. A couple of times lately I've had to throw up right before bed... and that sucks, lol. 

Gender: It's a BOY! Sullivan James Wallheimer 

Labor Signs: Still a ways to go! :) 

Symptoms: fatigue, dry/itchy skin, hip pain, dizziness, headaches, and nightmares... but I'm still LOVING every moment! 

Belly button in or out? In 

Wedding rings on or off? Off right now, due to dry skin

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy AND moody... tearful moody Walter says, not crabby moody lol 

Weekly wisdom: Be thankful. You never know who is looking at your story searching for HOPE in their own. I want to be a story of HOPE, and not doom and gloom. 

What stereotype I embody: I've definitely told Walter the 'excuse' of "...I'm growing a human" a couple of times now to make up my lack of doing dishes, etc. I never thought I'd be that woman, haha! 

What I bought this week: Little man's diaper bag! :) 

What I checked off my to-do list: I worked a lot on his baby blanket (my first crochet project!) and hope to have it done by Christmas! Is it silly I want to wrap it up and put it under the tree? 

Looking forward to: Finishing his baby blanket, getting all his clothes hung, and getting a mattress/bedding for the crib. 


Blueeeberrrryyyy muffins. So good! :)

Left photo: 3.5 weeks pregnant and 230lbs
Right photo: 17.5 weeks pregnant and 209lbs

Breaking the wishbone tradition! My sister won for the first time in three years, and I claim it's because I already got my wish this year (...and she had Wrenn's help!). :)

Anatomy of a pregnant woman at 18 weeks. WOW!




No comments:

Post a Comment