God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Bump Update: 17 Weeks

11/20-11/26

How far along? 17 weeks

Size of baby: Sullivan is the size onion... or a toilet paper roll, LOL!

Milestones: Sully's skeleton is turning from soft cartlidge to bone and the umbilical cord continues to grow stronger! (He was playing around with it so much on our last ultrasound, this momma worries a bit...)

Total weight gain/measurements: babycenter.com says I should be around +5lbs right now. I'm still down -16lbs. My new doctor said she would like to see me up at least 2-4 lbs by my next appointment at 18 weeks. But honestly, of all of my worries I'm not worried about it. I know Sully and I aren't starving! ;) LOL

Maternity clothes: Pretty exclusively into relaxed comfy clothes or maternity clothes. Much doesn't fit, but I'm learning to get creative! Unfortunately, being pregnant in the winter and in sweaters just looks like Thanksgiving came early! 

Unglamorous Body Changes: Still uncomfortably dry skin. Hip pain getting a little worse (can't wait til I can order that dang pillow!) and now add odd or terrifying dreams! Eek!

Sleep: Sleep is still very hit or miss. Depends on hip pain and/or nightmares.

Best moment this week: The best moment of this week was actually laughing from one of the worst moments. I was lying in bed trying to get comfortable, and sent Walter downstairs to get a body pillow we had. When he came back I was in tears my hips hurt so bad. He watched me fumble around with the huge body pillow between my legs and waited to cover me up. As I continued to readjust the pillow I watched his face turn from confusion to impatience, to sympathy and to frustration for me and it. was. hilarious! My tears soon turned to deep laughter! I then got comfortable... only to immediately sit up and in a panic tell Walter to get the trash can! As I threw up in the trash can I was thankful I couldn't see his face, lol. I tried to get downstairs and as I held the trash can Walter held my hair as I continued to stop and throw up from time to time. I heard Walter try not to yak himself, so I got to the bathroom quickly. Of course I was finished. But I did spend 11PM cleaning the trash can... oh goodness... we're still laughing about this 'pregnancy adventure'!

Miss anything? I would give up ANYthing for this baby and not miss it... although it was hard not to order my usual drink at The Melting Pot when we went out for my bestie's birthday. I ordered a non-alcoholic juice drink instead. 

Movement: Sully is moving more frequently, and I cannot wait until Daddy gets to feel his little soccer player! ...even though daddy played basketball :)

Food cravings: Cheese and fresh fruit (strawberries, pineapple, bananas)... and Arby's french dip sandwhiches! I've had one almost every day this week! *blush* Also been craving Mexican food and Ranch dressing.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nothing specific anymore.

Gender: It's a BOY! Sullivan James Wallheimer

Labor signs: Still a long way to go! :)

Symptoms: fatigue, dry/itchy skin, dizziness, headaches, nightmares

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time: I'm thrilled!

Weekly Wisdom: Sometimes you just gotta step up and say, "Nope. That's not what I plan to do." and hope you don't offend anyone. Trying to find 'our way' in parenting already.

What stereotype I Embody: I've done a 360 since just a few months ago when dealing with infertility. Seeing a bump is now exciting and new, instead of something that makes me bitter and jealous. I love to watch moms and babies and dream. It's wonderful and I shed tears of joy over it often. It's nice to have a break from such awful feelings and have them replaced with such joy!

What I bought this week: My mom and I are continually buying little things for his room... diapers, new pillows, baby hangers, new outfits. I plan to post an update of the nursery soon!

What I checked off my to-do list: The house is starting to look really good, and now all of his clothes are washed are hanging up! My mom has been the best help! I also started a baby blanket for him! After having some practice, I'm ready to start my first project after learning to crochet!

Looking forward to: Walter feeling little guy move!





No comments:

Post a Comment