God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Bump Update: 12 Weeks!

10/16-10/22

How far along? 12 weeks!!! The last week of my 1st trimester!

Size of baby: Baby is now a plum, or a tape measure if you're a guy. ;)

Milestones: Baby is 2.1 inches long and weighs 0.5 ounces. Developing reflexes, opening and closing fists, and all organs fully formed!

Total weight gain/measurements: I'm up 2 more lbs! Needing to calm down on the late night ice cream I think! This now puts my total weight at -8 since pregnancy.

Maternity clothes: Still loving loose shirts and pants, but finally purchased a few maternity items. It was chilly so I ran to Target for a sweater and thought might as well make it a maternity one! Also bought a maternity tee on clearance and a Bellaband. Still fitting into a lot of my more loose clothes, and thanking the weight loss for this. My jeans definitely fit differently, and swing below my little bump now instead of over it. 

Stretch marks: My breasts are showing signs of stretch marks, and so is the lower part of my tummy. Bought BioOil and started using it. It is amazing!

Sleep: Still wanting to go to bed early, but not AS early... sleeping 10-12 hours a night is not uncommon, and Iately I've been able to sleep through the night! As long as I pee right before bed and can right when I wake up! lol

Best moment this week: Just hitting 12 weeks was exciting enough! But OH, SO many exciting moments this week! Buying maternity clothes, my first baby purchase, getting baby's carpet installed, getting my hair finally dyed, giving Walter his first Daddy gift from this baby... and definitely seeing my baby on ultrasound again! After the scare of not finding the heartbeat on the Doppler, seeing the baby flip, wave, and kick his/her little feet made me bawl and I didn't care who saw me! lol

Miss anything? I would give up ANYthing for this baby and not miss it. 

Movement: Just a few more weeks...!

Food cravings: No more cravings really, and have been eating less all-in-all. Still going through spurts where I'll eat anything in the house, but nothing specific really. Still loving mac and cheese!

Anything making you queasy or sick? Riding around in a car or allowing myself to get too hungry.

Gender: Unknown... but people have already starting guessing on Wallheimer Miracle! The guesses are pretty close to 50-50, y'all aren't any help! ;)

Labor signs: I've got a long way to go! :)

Symptoms: nausea, fatigue, achy muscles, headaches

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On/off... not because my hands are swollen, but because my skin has been so dry and uncomfortable

Happy or moody most of the time: Honestly? Thrilled! ...but also ready to feel a little better. 

Weekly Wisdom: This really has been worth it all along...!

What stereotype I Embody: I cry at everything still. TV shows, my husband working late... I even cried yesterday because I couldn't find my favorite water cup, good grief... lol.

What I bought this week: I was on a roll this week! I made my first baby purchase off a Facebook group! I got a like-new Bumbo seat for $15! I also bought: a maternity sweater, a maternity tee, a Bellaband, the carpet installation for the nursery, some materials to make baby a chalkboard frame, more paint...

What I checked off my to-do list: My mom took a day off and helped get a few things organized in the nursery. She worked on baby's closet and got some curtains!

Looking forward to: Our second trimester!! :D

Hair cut and dyed! Cut off 5 inches!

Baby's first gift for Daddy!

Nursery progress!

12 weeks! Big breath!

Baby waving to Momma! 

Baby 'chillin' as Walter says

2 comments:

  1. Love the hair! you look great. :) and a big sigh of relief for 12 weeks... woo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! Would you believe I took your picture in for a reference?! Lol You looked so great in it I couldn't help it! I told the lady to "make this look good on my face" lol and this is what I got!

      Delete