God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Monday, October 15, 2012

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day- Oct 15th

Oh goodness, what can I say to my angels? What do you say?
Here's my shot at free writing a letter to them:

"Mommy's angels,
You have no idea how much you are missed. Sometimes mommy feels selfish she misses you so. I know you're in a better place, and being raised by Jesus, but it breaks mommy's heart to not hold your hand or rock you to sleep.
Daddy misses you too and talks about you often. He wishes you goodnight every night in his prayers. Do you hear them?
You're going to have a little brother or sister here on Earth soon. That does not make mommy or daddy love you any less. Please know that. This little baby will know of his/her angel siblings and how blessed we all are that we were gifted so many beautiful angels.
Every day mommy grows, she wonders how carrying you would have been different. But you are special. You were not born into this world, but born into heaven, and mommy and daddy couldn't be more thankful that you're all in such a beautiful place.
Mommy and daddy will see you again and we cannot wait until that day we finally get to pick you up and call  you 'ours'... but for now we remember you in our prayers, we light candles for you, and we have your names carved into our hearts.
You can never be replaced. You are each special in your own way. Thank you for allowing me to be your mommy, even if it was a short time.
I love you more than I can ever express."


No comments:

Post a Comment