God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bump Update: 13 Weeks!

10/23-10/29

How far along? 13 weeks! Hello second trimester!

Size of baby: Our little peach! Or, our little gas cap? :)

Milestones: Teeth and vocal cords appear. Intestines are in the process of moving from umbilical cord to baby's tummy. Baby now has fingerprints! WOW!

Total weight gain/measurements: I've lost 3 more pounds! This puts my total weight to -11 to my pre-pregnancy weight.

Maternity clothes: Definitely more comfortable (and covered) in my maternity tee and sweater. Hoping to buy more soon. Pants are tight, and maybe will only last another week. Wore my Bellaband for the first time. Have been wearing a pair of maternity pants for the last couple of days, and although my other jeans fit I don't think I want to go back, lol. These are so much more comfortable for my shape now. 

Unglamorous Body Changes: Stretch marks are here! lol Also, I have really bad breath all the time! (I read up on this and I've found out I need to drink more water!)

Sleep: Sleep is a beautiful thing and I love it. I'm out most of the night. At least 10hrs most nights.

Best moment this week: When I felt the baby move for the first time!! Also when my husband, who had before told me pregnant woman were 'gross' told me it was different with me. I knew this may happen, but it was nice/funny to hear that he now thought my pregnant tummy, with his baby inside, was 'beautiful' and 'not gross at all'. :)

Miss anything? I would give up ANYthing for this baby and not miss it. 

Movement: At first I wasn't sure, but now I'm sure I felt the baby move for the first time this past week! I had just had a few pieces of Halloween candy (shame on me before buying the day-of! lol) and I thought I would get in the tub and rest a bit (a lifesaver lately). I'm lying there texting my best friend and husband (you know you do it too!) and I felt something strange in my tummy! For the 2-3 seconds it happened I stopped everything! I didn't breathe or move and I felt every little 'twitch' in my tummy. It felt like a twitch on the inside of my skin that tickled. I was so shocked to feel baby this early, but after some research it's actually fairly common in the 12th-16th week! Baby must have definitely been on a sugar high! :S lol

Food cravings: All I want is mac and cheese and chicken fingers, haha. I'm eating off the kids menu everywhere!

Anything making you queasy or sick? Riding around in a car or allowing myself to get too hungry. Ran out of Zofran for two days and thought I was fine but I was SIIICK! Glad to have it back (and now I have the dissolving kind)!

Gender: Unknown... but we now have an appointment to find out and a date for our Gender Reveal party! People are guessing on Wallheimer Miracle

Labor signs: I've got a long way to go! :)

Symptoms: nausea and fatigue (also VERY itchy skin on my breasts and tummy!)

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy tears all. the. time!!!

Weekly Wisdom: Get in into perspective! Get positive about whatever situation you're in. If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude about it! :)

What stereotype I Embody: Crying. Crying. Crying. When will it end?! lol

What I bought this week: A friend of mine sold me two toys her son had outgrown and I'm thrilled to get them for such a good price. Baby's first toys! My mom and I are also continually running to Home Depot for a 'little something' to improve baby's room. 

What I checked off my to-do list: Baby's closet is almost finished... I'm jealous of his/her storage! We also painted a toy chest I had as a child and as we did my mom and I counted that this is the SIXTH time she's painted this chest a different color. Everything from pink when I was a child, to black in high school and using it in my closet for clothes storage, to a gorgeous teal now for my baby!

Looking forward to: Buying a crib!



No comments:

Post a Comment