God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bump Update: 14 Weeks

10/30-11/05

How far along? 14 weeks

Size of baby: A lemon or a stress ball :)

Milestones: Arms and head are now proportionate to body. Baby now makes facial expressions! Between their daddy and I, I'm sure they're hilarious!

Total weight gain/measurements: Eek! Here comes the weight gain! I'm up 4lbs this week. This puts my total weight to -10 to my pre-pregnancy weight.

Maternity clothes: I officially can no longer button my pre-maternity jeans, lol. Using a bellaband is nice, but I'm really loving one pair of maternity jeans in particular. A lot of my tops are cutting it close, and maternity tops fit so much better on me. I'm anxiously awaiting an order from Old Navy full of maternity clothes! :)

Unglamorous Body Changes: Stretch marks and ITCHY skin abound. The itchy skin is my least favorite pregnancy change... yes, I'd even take more nausea.

Sleep: I lie down and I'm out for at least 10 hours. It's fabulous. Walter says there's no waking me.

Best moment this week: When my 4-year-old nephew mentioned the 'baby in my tummy' without prompting. I guess I definitely look pregnant from his angle!

Miss anything? I would give up ANYthing for this baby and not miss it... but white wine. Definitely hard to celebrate fall time without it.

Movement: Still a tiny flicker here and there. After I eat sugar, or when there's a lot of commotion is when I tend to notice it. Walter and I went to the Fox and I felt the baby on and off for the first 30 minutes!

Food cravings: Strawberries, toasted ravioli... I still can't get enough cheese.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nothing really specific anymore. It just comes and goes still. Less often, but it's still around for now.

Gender: Unknown... but we now have an appointment to find out and a date for our Gender Reveal party! People are guessing on Wallheimer Miracle! We find out in 13 DAYS!

Labor signs: I've got a long way to go! :)

Symptoms: nausea and fatigue (also VERY itchy skin on my breasts and tummy!)

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time: Still happy! Just a few moody moments from time to time.

Weekly Wisdom: Be grateful. In every moment. If you're not, find a way to be. You never know what the person next to you is missing.

What stereotype I Embody: Eat. Eat. Eat. Pee. Sleep. Pee. Eat.

What I bought this week: The crib should be coming in soon as well as matching bedding for the twin bed in the nursery! SO exciting!

What I checked off my to-do list: More nursery prep. Moved over some small furniture and toys. Can't wait to find out what clothes I should start hanging up: the shirts with little ties or the frilly dresses!

Looking forward to: Getting the crib set up, ordering crib bedding, finding out the gender of baby!






No comments:

Post a Comment