God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Little Superhero

A couple of you have been asking, and so I wanted to start off right away with an update and some bad news. A couple of posts ago I posted about a friend and her two nephews that were found in the water. Unfortunately, the doctors could never get Luke to breathe on his own and he passed away May 5th.
My friend invited me to his visitation, funeral, and graveside burial. As a nanny and a desperate-for-children woman, I can still honestly say he was one of the most beautiful children I have ever seen. Light olive skin and the biggest brown eyes I have ever seen. In his tiny casket he laid with his Spiderman suit on surround by favorite toys. If I did not know any better I would have sworn he was just a little boy, who had fallen asleep after a long day of playing. I spoke with his parents, and met the entire family and we talked about who he was as a child, and who he still is in heaven. I told them how I liked to think of my children having a picnic under a tree in heaven, and how I'm sure they're welcoming Luke to that picnic as we spoke. I praise the Lord that we all are able to find hope in tragic times like these. His parents decided to donate his organs as well. Both kidneys went to children here in St. Louis, his liver matched to an infant here as well. His heart went to a child in Wisconsin. We must: Trust in the Lord with all [our] heart[s] and lean not on [our] own understanding. In all [our] ways submit to Him, and He will make [our] paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6



No comments:

Post a Comment