God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Sunday, March 11, 2012

Facing The Giants & Reaping What We Sow

Walter and I decided it was finally time to watch this movie. We had heard a lot about it, and decided to use bed rest as a good excuse.

We had no idea what we were getting into.

Within minutes, we found out the coach's wife is experiencing infertility, and at the lowest point in the film they mention -gasp!- having to do IVF...
-Spolier Alert-
...but in the end they pray and pray, and remain faithful, and BAM- she's pregnant. Now, I will admit, I enjoyed the movie though I cried and cried... but I was also very irritated at this point. I'm sure most of you can assume why.

What happens when you pray and pray and BAM- another negative pregnancy test?
What happens when you wish for God's Will, but God's Will is for you and your husband to learn to grow and support each other through a trying time?

I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer here, I just have learned the hard lesson that PREGNANCY does NOT = BABY. It would be ignorant for me to think that God's Plans are always my plans. Would I say loosing my baby was a blessing? No. Would I say that I believe God had the loss in mind, now looking back at the growth in my relationship with my husband and Him? Very possible.

Something we learned from the movie was a quote the pastor said.

Coach Taylor to Mr. Bridges: “I admit to you I have been struggling. But I’ve also been praying. I just don’t see Him at work here.”
Mr. Bridges: “Grant, I heard a story about two farmers who desperately needed rain. And both of them prayed for rain. But only one of them went out and prepared his fields to receive it. Which one do you think trusted God to send the rain?”
Coach Taylor: The one that prepared his fields for it.”
Mr. Bridges: “Which one are you? God will send the rain when He’s ready. And you need to prepare your field to receive it.”

This last line has been stuck in my head since that moment I heard it. What CAN we do to prepare our field for the blessing?

*I've learned and begun crocheting a baby blanket.

* When re-ordering my medications, I ordered -and paid- for medication to carry me PAST the date we find out if we are pregnant or not. I only needed medication until Thursday, unless I am pregnant, and then will be taking medication for another 8 weeks.
*Walter has greeted the babies every time he greets me. In the morning he kisses me, and my stomach twice before leaving for work. He does the same when he returns from work and any other time of the day he or I need it.
*I talk nursery themes with my mom, and shower themes with my best friend.
*I canceled a trip and opportunity with my church for June, as well as one with Thirty-One in August preparing to be pregnant.
*I have given up caffeinated sodas, if you know me, you know this has sucked. :)

I can't think of all the ways, but I am constantly looking for ideas and suggestions.
Please let me know if you have ideas in which we can REALLY prepare our land for a blessing, because that is most definitely what these babies will be for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment