God writes our story.
I am still learning to surrender the pen.


Thursday, April 5, 2012

Amazing Bloggers & Blessings

Talk about selfishness!

Sometimes I don't have a lot of time to blog, and I just jot down my thoughts without proofreading and I'm lucky to finish... with that being said, I admit I get behind on reading other blogs. I read them- all- I promise! It just might be a week or two down the road.

I've been catching up today, and although belated, I had to mention some awesome posts.
(Talk about selfishness again, the first two are about my blog! lol) I'm sorry.

1) A woman whom I've never met posted about me after our IVF cycle failed. She is TTC as well, and I love her blogs because they are so honest and sweet. However, the main reason I love her blogs is she looks to God for everything! This is something I need to be reminded of. Sometimes I fill my prayers with 'pleases' and 'thank yous' from the "BIG things" that I forget He is in everything and deserving of such. As a newlywed, her blog is a great mix of TTC, married life, and great everyday living. Check out her blog, here.

2) Kelly's Korner also mentioned my blog in her 'Show us your life - Suffering with Infertility' post. She was searching for good blogs by women currently going through infertility struggles and I made the cut. Very exciting stuff. I'm #77!

3) Here is a new blog I stumbled upon, and my heart stopped within seconds of reading. It is written by TWO women named Jen :) and their goal is to raise awareness for embryo adoption. I could really feel God working on my heart here, and it is definitely something Walter and I have talked about. 500,000 frozen embryos are waiting for adoption!

4)A blog also on Kelly's Korner, On Loan From Heaven, posted about how a husband and wife stay together through years of infertility. Tears rolled as I read out loud to my husband and it is a stunning post. Most definitely worth the read!

This week I also got two random Facebook messages giving me fertility advice, one of them telling me that I should give God control. I hadn't talked to this person except once in about 4years, and it really hurt. I am doing my best at giving God the control, and I believe seeking medical attention does not contradict that. Her message reminded me of one of those silly Christian jokes that are super cheesy... but very appropriate...

There was an old man sitting on his porch watching the rain fall. Pretty soon the water was coming over the porch and into the house.
The old man was still sitting there when a rescue boat came and the people on board said, "You can't stay here you have to come with us."
The old man replied, "No, God will save me." So the boat left. A little while later the water was up to the second floor, and another rescue boat came, and again told the old man he had to come with them.
The old man again replied, "God will save me." So the boat left him again.
An hour later the water was up to the roof and a third rescue boat approached the old man, and tried to get him to come with them.
Again the old man refused to leave stating that, "God will save him." So the boat left him again.
Soon after, the man drowns and goes to heaven, and when he sees God he asks him, "Why didn't you save me?"
God replied, "You dummy! I tried. I sent three boats after you!!"


For my readers, I believe God made IVF for people like me. Much better than having my husband sleep with a servant like biblical times, thankyouverymuch.

4 comments:

  1. I love Kelly's Korner! I link up with her sometimes too. She is such an inspiring woman of God!

    And wow, sometimes people just don't understand. <> That story is well fitted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to 'meet' you through your blog... thanks for saying 'hi' yesterday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks for the shout-out! :) I really enjoy your blog and am encouraged by it all the time. I'm inspired by your hopefulness and confidence in the future. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete